- We believe that the scriptures comprising the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God; of divine authority; and are to be taken as the only rule of faith and practice. (Hebrews 1:1, 2; Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Revelation 22:18, 19).
THE HOLY TRINITY
- We believe in one God, and that the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost are One, eternal, immutable, infinite in wisdom, power, justice, holiness, mercy, and truth. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 John 5:7; Matthew 28:19)
THE FALL OF MAN
- We believe that by his transgression Adam fell under the condemnation of God’s holy law thereby communicating his sinful nature to his posterity who have neither will nor power to deliver themselves from this state of depravity (Genesis 2:17; Jeremiah 13:23; John 6:44; Romans 3:23, 28; Romans 5:12, 19; Romans 8:7; Ephesians 2:8)
- We believe that God chose (elected) a people in Christ to eternal salvation before the foundation of the world. This choice is wholly of grace and is unconditional on the part of the elect. (Ephesians 1:4; Romans 9:11; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:19; Ephesians 2:4, 5; Ephesians 2:8, 9)
- We believe that God has predestinated the elect unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ according to the good pleasure of his will. (Ephesians 1:5; Romans 8:29).
- We believe that Christ obtained eternal redemption for the elect by taking upon himself a human body, without sin, and that in that body he suffered and died on the cross for those given to Him by the Father in the eternal covenant of Grace (Psalms 111:9; Isaiah 53:5; John 6:37-40; John 17:9; Galatians 4:4, 5; Romans 5:17; Ephesians 1:3-7; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 9:11-12, 28, Hebrews 10:5-10)
- We believe that God’s elect shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and be effectually called, regenerated, (born again); and consequently, justified in the sight of God by the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ. (John 3:3; John 5:25; John 10:28; Ephesians 2:1-5; 2 Timothy 1:8, 9; Acts 2:39; Romans 8:29-30; Colossians 3:3; II Timothy 1:8-9; Titus 3:5; Jude 1:1)
- We believe that none who are born again will fall away so as to be eternally lost, but that they will be preserved through grace to eternal glory. (John 6:39, 44; John 10:27-30; Romans 8:30; Philippians 1:6; 1 Peter 1:5)
- We believe in a general judgment, both of the just and the unjust, and that joys of the righteous shall be eternal and the punishment of the wicked shall be everlasting. (Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:32-34; 2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9)
- We believe that the gospel is to be preached in all the world as a statement of the truth, and as a witness of Jesus for the comfort and instruction of the people of God. (Matthew 24:14; Mark 16:15; Acts 13:48; Romans 1:16; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17)
- We believe that the visible church of Christ is a congregation of unified baptized believers called out of the world and who recognize Christ as their head, and His word their excusive guide in all religious matters. Acts 2:41-42 1 Corinthians 1:9; Ephesians 4:3-7, 13, 5:23, 27, 32; Colossians 1:18; Revelations 2:7.
- We believe that New Testament worship consists of singing, praying, preaching, and the fellowship of the saints. (Colossians 3:16; Ephesians 5:19; Acts 2:42-47; 1 Corinthians 1:18)
- We believe that good works and obedience to the commands of God are well pleasing in His sight, should be maintained by the people of God as evidence of a gracious state, and are the consequence, not the agency, of salvation (Matthew 5:16; Luke 17:10; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:8; Hebrews 10:24)
- We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances appointed by Christ for the church to be administered by ministers (Elders) called of God and that have come under the imposition of hands by a presbytery. (Acts 9:15, 13:1-3, 14:23; Ephesians 4:11-14; Titus 1:5)
- We believe that baptism is by immersion in water and is to be administered in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost by a duly ordained minister to believers who give evidence of having been regenerated. (Matthew 3:16; Matthew 28:19; John 3:23; Acts 8:37-39)
THE LORD’S SUPPER
- We believe that the Lord’s Supper should be observed in the church until the coming of Jesus at the end of the world; that unleavened bread and wine should be used; that only regularly baptized and orderly church members have a right to communion at the Lord’s Table; and that foot washing is an example to be kept in conjunction with the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 26:26, 27; Luke 22: 19, 20; 1 Corinthians 1:23-29; John 13:1-17; 1 Timothy 5:9, 10)
ORDINATION OF MINISTERS
- We believe that those who show evidence of being called of God to the ministry, by edifying the church in that exercise and conforming to the moral qualifications given in 1 Timothy 3, should be ordained by a presbytery, and set apart to that work. (Mark 3:14; Acts 14:23; 1 Timothy 2:7; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 1 Timothy 4:1)
APPOINTMENT OF DEACONS
- We believe that the church has the authority to appoint honest men, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, to the office of deacon, solely for the purpose of serving the congregation in practical matters thereby freeing the pastor to engage in prayer and the ministry of the Word. (Acts 6:1-7; 1 Timothy 3:8-13)